Manila Spirits 2017 Opens for Bidding
Bidding for the 2017 Manila Spirits Tournament on November 17-19, 2017 at the Alabang Country Club is now open!
This will be a mixed division tournament following WFDF gender rules (side calls the gender ratio and not offense calls). We will also be implementing game advisors and line marshals for certain games for the event. The tournament will be divided into two main pools (power pool and recreation pool) which will have their own quarters semis and finals as well as round robin and crossover games depending on the number of teams that register per team.
Time of games as well as point caps will be determined upon knowing the number of teams that join.
Some important reminders:
- The deadline for submission of bids is on Friday, September 15, 2017. To send a bid, please fill out the form in the link below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTnCB2T8DNtA3xZD7QV_P8s8oVsBfM8dASq3kzyg0Gau3k3g/viewform?c=0&w=1
- A non-refundable deposit of P20,000 is required to secure your bid. Deposits must be made on or before September 29, 2017. Please note that we will only be accepting the first 64 bids. Bids without payments will not be accepted. Payments can be made through bank deposit, or through Paypal.
- Payment details are as follows:
- For Paypal: send to email@example.com
- For bank / wire transfers:
- Beneficiary Name: Philippine Flying Disc Association
- Beneficiary Address: 82 Atis St., Mapayapa Village, Pasong Tamo 2, Quezon City, Philippines
- Beneficiary Mobile: +63 917 563 7728
- Bank Name: Union Bank – Alabang Country Club Branch
- Bank Address: Main Lobby, Alabang Country Club, Country Club Drive, Ayala Alabang, Muntinlupa City, 1780, Philippines
- Bank SWIFT Code: UBPHPHMM
- Bank Account Number: Checking Account 00-190-000026-2
- Registration fees:
- P3,500 for PFDA members
- P3,700 for non-PFDA members
- The deadline of final rosters and complete registration fees for players on the roster is October 30, 2017. Failure to submit either requirements will result in forfeiture of your bid. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Replacements and additions to the roster will be accepted after October 30, subject to availability of kits (no jersey size change for replacements). However, registration fee for players added after October 30 will be P4,000 for PFDA members, and P4,200 for non-PFDA members.
In lieu of a captains meeting on Thursday night, an online captains’ meeting will be held two weeks before the event. Seeding, schedule and other matters relating to the tournament will be discussed then.
Submission of player waivers and claiming of player kits will be on Thursday, November 16. Captains and spirit captains will not be allowed to play should you fail to submit the player waivers and claim the player kits.
Party theme and venue will be announced in due time. Stay tuned and follow us on social media (Website: flyingdisc.ph | Facebook and Instagram: flyingdiscph) for further updates! We look forward to seeing you this November for three days on non-stop ultimate, parties, and never ending practice of spirit.
See you on the fields,
President, Philippine Flying Disc Association